DON’T JOURNEY THIS ALONE…
Since 1997 we have helped people navigate the challenges of conventional cancer treatment and to manage the impact of surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy on their overall health and lifestyle using complementary and integrative therapies. According to the Canadian Cancer Society, “Integrative cancer care is an approach that combines conventional cancer treatments and complementary therapies throughout the cancer journey.”
What is complementary cancer care?
At Pinewood Natural Health Centre we offer complementary services, lifestyle education, treatments, and products to support the individual either during or following conventional treatment. Complementary care may include naturopathic medicine, acupuncture, botanical medicine & homeopathy, massage therapy, IV therapies, and lifestyle education that are typically not part of conventional medicine.
Why is it called complementary?
It’s complementary because it is practiced alongside conventional medicine in a supportive way.
What are the goals of complementary cancer care?
- Reduce the side effects of conventional cancer treatments including chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery
- Increase energy and stamina
- Improve well-being and overall quality of health by balancing and supporting the body’s immune system
- Nourish the mind, body, and spirit in the healing process
- Provide strategies for cancer prevention and health maintenance
- Provide natural anticancer therapies that can help control the disease process