Bio-regulatory Thermography is a diagnostic test of bioregulation (feedback) that measures the body’s response to temperature change in the forehead, face, back abdomen and breasts. Two sets of measurements using a gentle temperature probe are obtained – the first without stress and the second with the added stress of exposure to a cool room temperature. Results can be expected to show abnormalities in temperature regulation before the development of more severe symptoms or disease.
Bio-regulatory Thermography is a safe and painless test. The device is from Germany, unlicensed in Canada and is used for investigative research; the requisite Health Canada approvals are not in place.
Bio-regulatory Thermography is not used nor is it suggested by the clinic or its team members to be an alternative to conventional medical tests especially routine and preventative mammography and / or ultrasound of the breasts.
Preparation for the test is intended to reduce actions that have an impact on temperature regulation. The following will provide you with information on how to prepare for your thermography examination. Please follow the below instructions carefully. Failure to do so may result in your test being cancelled.
- Please fast for 12-14 hours. Do not eat or brush your teeth before coming in. You may drink water.
- Stop taking medication 48 hours before the exam (no sleeping pills, pain medication, sedatives, laxatives; not even your vitamins or homeopathic remedies). You can continue taking necessary medication such as those for diabetes, asthma, and heart medication. The morning before your exam you should refrain from exercise, yoga, or meditation. For this time period also refrain from massage or acupuncture.
- When you come for the examination, arrive relaxed and calm; not rushed, or too hot or too cold. This exam is best done before 2 p.m.
- On the day of the examination do not drink coffee, black tea or alcohol, and do not smoke. This will change your circulation and make the measurements incorrect. Do not shower or wash. Do not use cosmetics, deodorant, body sprays, or body cream on this day.
- On the day of the exam wear comfortable clothing that can be removed easily (no bra or corset). Wear a loose fitting belt. Sleeves should cover your lower arms. Avoid wearing synthetic fibers. If you have long hair, tie it back, and try to have hair off the forehead.
- You should arrive 20 to 30 minutes before the procedure in order to adapt to room temperature.