Darkfield microscopy uses whole blood, drawn from the fingertip then placed under the microscope unstained. It uses higher magnification with a darkfield lens and specialized lighting that allows one to see much more than could possibly be seen by conventional and phase contrast microscopes.
Darkfield Microscopy can indicate the following problems:
- Immune system function
- Free radical cellular damage
- Cell size and shape abnormalities due to immune system disorders
- Atherosclerotic plaque; early recognition of cardiovascular risk factors
- Bacterial imbalances
- Allergic tendencies
- Fungal tendencies
- Digestive deficiencies
- Hormonal imbalances
- B vitamin deficiencies
- Iron deficiencies
- Uric acid crystals and risk for gout
- Kidney function
- Toxic heavy metals
- Poor circulation, oxygenation level and, abnormal blood clotting
Many of these can be detected by darkfield microscopy long before routine lab tests show any problems. Early nutritional intervention through dietary changes, supplementation, and homeopathic medicines can then be implemented to prevent disease.
Prior to your darkfield microscopy test, please follow the instructions below accurately. Failure to do so may result in your test being canceled.
- Fast for 6 hours prior to your test. In order to do so, please complete your dinner the evening prior to your test no later than 5:00-6:00pm.
- You may drink a small amount of water if you are thirsty.