Supportive Cancer Care
DON’T JOURNEY THIS ALONE…
Naturopathic doctors do not treat cancer, however, since 1997 we have helped people navigate the challenges of conventional cancer treatment and to manage the impact of surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy on their overall health and lifestyle using supportive and integrative therapies. According to the Canadian Cancer Society, “Integrative cancer care is an approach that combines conventional cancer treatments and supportive therapies throughout the cancer journey.”
What is supportive cancer care?
At Pinewood Natural Health Centre we offer supportive services, lifestyle education, treatments, and products to support the individual either during or following conventional treatment. Supportive care may include naturopathy, acupuncture, botanical therapy & homeopathy, massage therapy, IV therapies, and lifestyle education that are typically not part of conventional medical care.
Why is it called supportive?
It’s supportive because it is practiced alongside conventional medical care in a supportive way.
What are the possible goals of supportive cancer care?
- Possibly reduces the side effects of conventional cancer treatments including chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery
- Increase energy and stamina
- Improve well-being and overall quality of health by balancing and supporting the body’s immune system
- Nourish the mind, body, and spirit in the healing process
- Provide strategies for cancer prevention and health maintenance
- Provide natural anticancer therapies that can help control symptoms
- All therapies should be discussed and cleared by your oncologist
Results for this therapy do vary individually and are not guaranteed to be successful; clinical outcomes are highly variable.