The Coronavirus known has COVID-19 is on all of our minds this week as governments shut down countries all over the world in order to try to contain this global pandemic. For many of us, it is not a matter of if we get the virus, but a matter of when. Your best chance may be to take extra good care of yourself and take supplements and herbal remedies.
Just as a quick refresher, common symptoms directly linked to the COVID-19 coronavirus include:
- Shortness of breath
- A cough that gets worse
- Having a low-grade fever that gradually increases in temperature
- An over-accumulation of phlegm in the system that makes you feel like you can’t breathe and are drowning
- Pressure in the chest
If you have these symptoms and live in Ontario it is important to call Telehealth at +1 866-797-0000 for instructions on what to do next. You may be directed to isolate yourself until you have recover or to the nearest hospital for treatment.
The most important thing you can do immediately to boost your immunity is to make some immediate lifestyle changes:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after exposure to others or while traveling
- Stay at least three feet away from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Cover your mouth with the inside of your elbow whenever you sneeze or cough. Throw away any tissues you use right away
- Don’t touch your face, nose or ears after exposure to others
- Stop smoking
- Stay hydrated and drink at least 80 ounces of liquid a day or more
- Get at least 8 hours of rest a night
- Get some exercise to keep oxygen circulating through your body and strengthen your lungs
- Avoid emotional and physical stress and situations that cause overwork
- Clean any objects you touch a lot. Use disinfectants on objects like phones, computers, utensils, dishware, and doorknobs.
Note that the coronavirus is not transmitted through the air, but rather through surface contact. However when you cough, the particles infected with microbes land on surfaces and are spread through hand contact.
Take Vitamin C and Vitamin D
There are vitamins that have been proven to boot immunity including Vitamin C and Vitamin D.
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps your body produce the antioxidant glutathione, as well as an antiviral called interferon.Individuals can take up to 50,000 mg (5 grams) daily every four hours to combat the coronavirus.
- Vitamin D. Consider taking 5000 to 10,000 daily as a maintenance dose but once you catch the virus take up to 50,000 IU daily to combat the virus.
Notes for Handling the Virus Crisis
Exercise regularly to maintain your physical health and wash your hands thoroughly to maintain proper hygiene. Follow a balanced diet, full of anti-oxidants and probiotics. Take the supplements that your naturopathic doctor recommends to boost your immune system and protect yourself against the very contagious coronavirus. If you are contagious must take public transit wear a mask and goggles, as well as gloves, to prevent transmission of surfaces.
Symptoms, such as a sore throat may appear in as few as 2 days, or as long as 14, after exposure. If you have a medical emergency, call 911. Notify the operator that you have COVID-19 or suspect exposure to the virus that causes it. If possible, put on a face mask before emergency medical services arrive.
For more information about boosting your nutrition ,wholesome nutrition, or any health issue you may be experiencing, visit the Pinewood Natural Healthcare Centre website that has a list of full services and products at www.pinewoodhealth.ca or call our Toronto Office at (416)-656- 8100. We also have an office in Pickering, Ontario at (905)-427-0057. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to answer any question that you have about any of the many services that we offer including weight loss, iv vitamin drip therapy, infrared blood analysis, acupuncture, mesotherapy, homeopathy Toronto weight loss, and naturopathic services.