Most people know about herbal teas and over-the-counter pills that are commonly used as diuretics, but did you know that you can also get rid of bloating and trim inches from your waist by eating certain diuretic foods? This is much safer than risking the speeding heart rate, shakiness and irritability that comes with drinking caffeinated beverages or taking caffeine pills. Shedding water weight by eating fruits and vegetables or their juices is a safe and natural way to deal with edema without putting your body through the rigors of caffeinating or a herbal cleanse
The Negative Effects of Using Diuretics for A Long Time
Women, especially rely on diuretic medication and teas to lose weight, but this can have some terrible side-effects over time including fatigue, muscle cramps, weakness, numbness, a fluttering heartbeat, depression, an inability to hold your urine, hair growth and a deepening of the voice
You are much better off to use food as your medicine and lose any water weight that you have naturally, rather than force you body to become smaller by essentially dehydrating your tissues.
Foods That Are Natural Diuretics
Here is a list of the top foods that will not only help you lose water weight, but they will also nourish your digestive, endocrine and immune systems at the same time. These foods do share one thing in common, which is that they are very high in potassium, which regulates blood pressure and gets rid of excess sodium in the body. Excess sodium intake is a big problem in our society, which puts salt into everything to add flavor. The result is almost always excess weight gain
- Peaches are both a laxative and a diuretic, which helps to naturally flush fluids and other waste from all of your tissues. Peaches are also an excellent source of both Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which helps clear fluids from inflamed areas in your body.
- Cucumbers are both a laxative and diuretic, that is also a bit of a soporific, which means that they can help clear fat from the bloodstream and tissues as well as wring them of excess water.
- Asparagus is a well known natural diuretic that turns your urine a bright yellow as it cleanses your kidneys and bladder. Asparagus is high in minerals and antioxidants. It also contains a sulfuric amino acid that gives your urine a very strong order. Another characteristic of asparagus is that it encourages you to urinate more often.
- Parsley is a powerful diuretic that works by increasing the amount of urine that your body produces, which helps you to shed water weight. Parsley is also very high in potassium, which helps mitigate the danger of too much potassium being excreted as your system flushes out. This is often the danger when using caffeine or herbal diuretics which rid you of both potassium and sodium and cause dizziness and weakness.
- Like parsley, artichokes trigger the body to produce more urine than usual, thus helping you to lose water weight. Artichokes are very high in potassium and other minerals, so you do not risk side-effects like dizziness and weakness while detoxifying.
- Onions are a natural diuretic that when eaten daily, can help you lose water weight. Onions also work to help you lose weight by having a flavor that makes you less likely to crave sodium. This is good because it is sodium that builds up in your kidneys and bloodstream and causes you to become bloated in the first place.
- Pineapple is not only high in potassium and Vitamin A, it also contains an enzyme called bromelain which helps deal with any inflammation you have in your body. Fluid retention tends to occur wherever you have inflammation and pineapple is potent enough to help release fluids due to inflammation from your tissues.
- Eating cooked pumpkin helps you lose water weight by leaching it out of your tissues so that it can be eliminated. Pumpkin is also full of fiber and helps remove any liquids and debris from your colon.
- Citrus fruits. Lemons, limes and grapefruits stimulate your bladder to produce additional urine and also encourages the body to pass sodium through that urine.
- Grapes are well-known for directly inducing urination and they also possess the ability to make you go more frequently. Grapes also have a very high water content, which helps to rinse out your tissues and reduce bloating.
There are many medical reasons why you could be suffering from chronic edema, and this could have to do with kidney problems, cardiac issues or metabolic disorders. Here at the Pinewood Natural Healthcare center we offer many ways to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of your bloating and weight gain through the use of blood testing, naturopathic testing and dark field microscopy blood analysis. We also have many different types of weight loss care available such as iv therapy and bio-identical hormone replacement.
The Pinewood Natural Healthcare Centre website that has a list of full services and products at www.pinewoodhealth.ca or you can call our Toronto Office at (416)-656- 8100. We also have an office in Pickering, Ontario at (905)-427-0057. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to answer any question that you have about our holistic health services.