Don’t be afraid to listen to your body!
If you’re like most of us we tend to ignore the one person that matters the most..yes that’s YOU!
Life is crazy busy and sometimes we ignore the whispers from our bodies that something is wrong. Most of us wait till it hits us over the head with a brick then it is an uphill battle to change and become well again.
Here are 5 tips to help you listen to your body and become more aware of how you feel.
- Every morning while in bed check in with your physical body by gently moving, wiggling or stretching your various body parts starting from wiggling your toes and squeezing your calves, all the way to blinking your eyes. Anything feel tight or not right? A visit to your massage therapist may be the treatment your body needs.
- Notice if you are licking your lips or feeling parched throughout the day, you may not be getting enough water. So drink up!
- Take a few deep breaths in at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, which will help you de-stress and check in with how tense or wound up you may be! Perhaps a night of yoga or meditation is just the ticket you need.
- In the most stressful part of your day take a moment count to 10 and check in with how you are feeling emotionally and physically. Do you need time alone? Or need someone to connect with?
- When you have finished your day take a moment to write 3 pros of the day and 3 cons of your day and see what comes up. Do the same things keep coming up in the cons? Perhaps a change is needed in your life or career.
Try it for a few weeks and let me know how you do. Any advice for the rest of us?
Article submitted by , one of our teams’ movement specialists’
DO(MP)., RMT., CMAP., BAH., BSc.
Osteopathic Practitioner & Educator
Registered Massage Therapist
Medical Acupuncture Provider